Ankle Bandage

I need to bandage my ankle to provide some pain support but my back and hip is so stiff I simply cannot reach, does anyone have any helpful tips

Comments

• Shell_H
    Shell_H Member Posts: 548

My lower back quite often gets stiff and painful, although not to quite the extent you have. Hot showers / baths and some light targeted stretches help me the best. Warmth in general can help stiffness - maybe try some of the microwavable bags (I like the ones which smell nice as well 😊) applied to your back to relieve it.

There are some devices which exist to help put on socks without bending over - I know the NHS supplies some when you've had a hip replacement and I believe you can get ones from various online shops. I've not tried them myself however, so I'm afraid I don't have any I can recommend.

• Lotsofpain
    Lotsofpain Member Posts: 157

Thank you I have a sock aid i got in argos though they did not give me one after my hip replacement it does not quite work with tubi grip and pbviosly not with a crepe bandage thanks for your help

• Hi Lotsofpain

Thank you for posting on the forum, I’m sorry to hear that your back and hip are stiff which is making it difficult for you to reach your ankle.

It sounds like Shell_H has made some helpful suggestions and I’m glad to hear you’ve got a sock aid.

I’m giving you a link to our ‘your home’ information which will also help with aids for personal care. Under the section ‘products to help in the home,’ you will find further organisations that provide advice and information which may be helpful to you.

If at any point you would like to have a chat to us, please give us a call on our freephone helpline 0800 5200 520 (weekdays 9am – 8pm), here we can take our time to talk informally and in confidence.

Best wishes

Lynda

Helpline Team