Hi, Welcome!

The community is a safe space for people living with and connected to arthritis to ask questions and share experiences. Get started by registering here and posting your first comment or question!

Sign In with a Versus Arthritis account

Send Strength
During October, we send strength to everyone affected by arthritis.
Leave a message of strength and support

Disease monitoring and biologics

Hello all. Wondering how other people taking biologics for inflammatory arthritis are having their condition monitored while they're unable to see the rheumatologist, aside from phone consultations.

Are you having blood tests still?

Has anybody else been sent a questionnaire to score their disease activity, in relation to biologics?

I'm having no blood tests and it seems I've been given a questionnaire instead. I've already been told my next appointment in December will be by telephone.

Thank you.

Comments

• frogmortonfrogmorton Posts: 25,561 ✭✭✭

I wonder why 'they' don't let your GP do bloods and pass the info on to them electronically🤔

Just a thought. Probably most important for you if things aren't going at all well of course?

Love

Toni xxx
  • stickywicketstickywicket Posts: 25,968 ✭✭

I think all hospitals/consultants/GPs are doing things in whatever way they can and these are different according to circumstances.

I'm not on biologics just meth and hydroxy. My rheumatologist wrote early on to me and my GP saying leave blood tests for 6 months. In my case that meant June. He rang me in June asked how things were (good) and told me to get bloods done. (My GP does them.) I did and my iron levels were low so GP put me on a month's worth of iron pills and told me to get another test when I'd finished them. I did, test was fine, iron was stopped but I've to have another test in another month just to check.

No questionnaire.

(I'm in Scotland.)

“There is always a well-known solution to every human problem - neat, plausible, and wrong.” H.L. Mencken
  • silverfoxxxxsilverfoxxxx Posts: 120
    edited 21. Sep 2020, 11:41

My GP has been doing my bloods since day 1, fortnightly through the pandemic also and emailing the results to Rheumy, I’ve had a video call with Rheumy and a few phone calls with the Rheumy nurses when things haven’t been where they should be.