Steroid injection into hip
I’ve suddenly got an appointment for my steroid injection next week (woohoo!). I’m not getting my hopes up too much, but fingers crossed I’ll be one of the lucky one ps who benefits.
My question is, how long does the actual procedure normally take? It’s in Wigan, but as this area has just been slapped with local Covid restrictions, my husband is reluctant to find a coffee shop till it’s over, and doesn’t fancy 3 hours in the car waiting.
Also, when the beneficial effects of the injection wear off, what’s the procedure to getting another or going to the next level? Or does the consultant say in advance when you can next have one and you just have to sit tight and wait?
- 8.1K All Categories
- 748 Welcome
- 3.8K Say Hello
- 16 How to use your online community
- 30 Help, Guidelines and Get in Touch
- 21 Feedback and ideas
- 39.2K Our Community
- 2.9K Living with arthritis
- 569 Chat to our Helpline Team
- 183 Work and financial support
- 365 Young people's community
- Parents of Children with Arthritis
- 27 My Triumphs
- 111 Let's Move
- 248 Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- 495 Chat and News
- 26 Val's Cafe
- 231 Chit chat
- 214 News
- 4 Tails From The Cafe