Osteoarthritis - fingers/thumbs
Good morning everyone,
my late 30s and have developed osteoarthritis In my finger and thumb PIP joints due to my role as a masseur over many years.
This condition is still in its infancy, though they are painful when it is cold, and painful for a day or two after work such as heavy gripping etc. I’m worried naturally that I’m very young to have this so worry about the condition when I’m 20 years older!
I was just wondering if anyone can share their experiences on living with the condition, or any hints and tips?
will frequent finger exercises help slow progression?
Are pain killers Something you use?
Has anyone had joint replacement surgery ?
Thanks in advance
- All Categories
- 2.3K Welcome
- 17 How to use your online community
- 30 Help, Guidelines and Get in Touch
- 40.4K Our Community
- 669 Chat to our Helpline Team
- 8.7K Living with arthritis
- 2 Want to Get Involved?
- 53 Hints and Tips
- 220 Work and financial support
- 390 Young people's community
- 7 Parents of Children with Arthritis
- 40 My Triumphs
- 132 Let's Move
- 24 Sports and Hobbies
- 13 Food and Diet
- 256 Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- 16 Community Feedback and ideas
- 333 Chat and News
- 29 Val's Cafe
- 269 Chit chat
- 11 News
- 4 Tails From The Cafe