Psoriosis and Arthritis

Options

I'm learning more about this day by day but just learnt there is a type of arthritis linked to psoriosis and psoriosis can come before a flare up which is very much what has happened to me. I spent Saturday morning shopping for psoriosis shampoo and conked out on legs Sunday evening.

Reading a little more I seem to have a variety of types of arthritis- that related to osteoperosis as seen xrays of my craggy bone edges and also rheumatoid type affecting muscles and also bursars/tendons.

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,712
    Options

Henrietta, have you ever mentioned your psoriasis to either your GP or whoever you saw at A and E? I ask because it would be helpful for you to see a rheumatologist just to check if you actually have psoriatic arthritis (PsA) PsA is a sero-negative autoimmune type of arthritis so, even if your GP has done a blood test, it would come back negative. Maybe you should get a rheumatologist to check this out.

If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Henrietta
    Henrietta Member Posts: 44
    Options

Thanks Sticky Wicket, no I didn't mention it as I had no idea they could be connected at the time. I've had psoriosis on my scalp periodically for years and never identified a trigger or cause, I just treat it myself with a medicated shampoo if it arises. Yes I will mention it next time I have an appointment.