Knee Osteoarthritis

Options
Rambler
Rambler Member Posts: 3
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:05 in Living with arthritis

My first message since joining. It's all new to me.

just to say hello to all. i will post something of a story tomorrow but its late at night and I'm off to bed.

Regards

David😴

Comments

• Shell_H
    Shell_H Member Posts: 548
    Options

Hi @Rambler! Welcome to the online community 😊

You have osteoarthritis of the knees, and you've stopped walking as much as you used to.

Wow, you stayed up late! I too have osteoarthritis of the knees, and I find it makes it difficult to do the things I used to do. No impact sports for me any more - anything which involves jumping or running is mostly out, and even walking up and down stairs is difficult! I'm not very good at it myself, but exercising regularly can help strengthen the muscles around the affected joints and take some of the strain off them, which reduces pain and helps with mobility. It is important to exercise within your ability - start slow and gentle and work up to it, if it hurts stop and try again later, being careful to only do as much as you can. Have a look here for some suggested exercises:

There's also some more generalised information on osteoarthritis available, which might be worth having a read of so you know what's going on:

Let us know a bit more about yourself and join in around the community - I'm sure you'll find the members both friendly and helpful.

It's nice to meet you!

Shell