Hi everyone

KittyKat1
KittyKat1 Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:05 in Living with arthritis

Just like to say hi. I am 54 and have OA in my knees. I try and stay cheerful and positive but it can be tough on bad days. I don’t think the menopause has helped! 🥴I thought it would be helpful to join this online community to offer support and to have a bit of a grumble and access support myself.

Comments

• Poppyjane
    Poppyjane Moderator Posts: 739

HI @KittyKat1

Welcome to the versus arthritis online community.

You mention that you have O A in your knees but try to stay cheerful and positive, well I am sure that this is ringing bells with many of our members . We all have good and bad days and will welcome your support as well as listen to your grumbles.

You might find the link to

https://www.versusarthritis.org/about-arthritis/conditions/osteoarthritis-of-the-knee/ useful as it gives details and also ways of managing pain.

If you feel like talking to someone the helpline is open Monday to Friday 0.00 - 8.00 on 0800 5200 520 and also there in a new area on the website called Lets Move which offers gentle exercise sessions for those of us with arthritis.

Thank you for getting in touch today we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Jane

If it would be helpful to talk to someone ring the Helpline 0800 5200 520

Monday - Friday 9.00a.m. - 6.00p.m.

• dij1966
    dij1966 Member Posts: 27

Hi kittykat1

Hello and welcome. I have recently joined this forum and found some helpful tips and love the lighthearted topics on chit chat that bring a smile to your face.

I am 54 and waiting a diagnosis, but pretty sure I have arthritis of some sort. I had bloods yesterday and seeing a rheumatologist in a couple of weeks. I have also been through breast cancer and a surgical menopause so think this has contributed to where I am now. Happy to have a chat or a grumble depending on how the mood takes us! You will also meet lots of lovely and kind people on this site. Xx

• Lilymary
    Lilymary Member Posts: 1,740

Hi Kittykat1. I joined a few months ago and this forum has been a real lifeline for me while I come to terms with my arthritic hips. It's good for moans, advice, support and giggles. We're all going through it in our many and various ways. Given your username, I look forward to your contribution to Pets Corner when you feel inclined. There are a few on here who are owned by their cats. xx

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336

For me this all kicked off long before the menopause, but who knows if you count in the peri-menopause which starts some 10 years before.....🤔

Anyway it's lovely to meet you @KittyKat1

Do you have a cat? if so we have a Pets corner.....