Send Strength - It takes strength to live with arthritis

Brynmor
Brynmor Member Posts: 1,755
edited 8. Oct 2020, 12:28 in Living with arthritis

It’s not just "aches and pains", and it's not alright.

If you agree it takes strength to live with arthritis - add your name now.

Send strength to someone who needs it today – add your name to show they’re not alone. 

Click on the link below and sign up today.

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332

signed and shared...

• Mike1
    Mike1 Member Posts: 1,992

Ditto

• Sharon_K
    Sharon_K Member Posts: 460

It takes strength to live well with arthritis when society dismisses it as 'just aches and pains' or 'just a bit of wear and tear'. When your condition is invisible and your pain isn't seen as important. It can stop you asking for help and demanding change - it shouldn’t be like this. Take action now and #SendStrength:

And keep an eye out this October as we share stories, videos, ads and much more to challenge the passive acceptance of arthritis and ensure you’re getting the strength you need.

• Sharon_K
    edited 6. Oct 2020, 13:54

“Seeing your child in pain is just nearly indescribable.”

Lara’s parents, like so many, didn’t know that children could get arthritis. Lara was diagnosed with juvenile idiopathic arthritis around her 2nd birthday and has also developed uveitis in her eyes. When Lara received treatment to help her pain and arthritis, her parents realised what she had been unable to do. We want to send support and hope to families like Lara’s, through our research and services #SendStrength today:

• frogmorton

Heartbreaking Sharon - shared to facebook.😔

• Sharon_K
    edited 7. Oct 2020, 09:56

We know that our online community gives people support, encouragement and helpful information, tips and advice on living life well with arthritis. Our community #sendstrength to each other every day. Today we share Anna's story who is one of our lovely online community members. Sending strength to you all today!

Best wishes

Sharon

• Kitty
    Kitty Member Posts: 3,583

Signed, donated and shared. Thank you Sharon. 😊

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A Heinlein

• duffer
    duffer Member Posts: 46

I look down this site to convince myself I'm not alone having osteo arthritis and I read such amazing stories from other people - my problems are mild in comparison. I am, however, feeling a bit unnerved with isolation but it's wonderful to know Versus Arthritis is there for us and full of useful and compassionate information. Thank you community and the many friends I feel I know - and wish I did in real life! with love Helen.

• frogmorton

I rather feel like I know Anna!

GREAT article really really useful for new members I think it will help them so much well said Anna

(Helen @duffer I have met people from the online community in 'real life' and some have indeed become good life-long friends - you'd be surprised how rarely we actually talk about arthritis too😁)

• Lilymary
    Lilymary Member Posts: 1,740

Since I've been talking about my own wrecked hip, many of my friends have started coming out of the closet about their own arthritis. We've all been covering it up for years. Why?? Bonkers.