10,000 Steps a Day in October Challenge

Options
Brynmor
Brynmor Member Posts: 1,755

Join the 10,000 Steps a Day in October Challenge on Facebook!

The challenge started back in June when we launched our first virtual fundraising challenge on Facebook to continue our commitment to fundraise together to help millions of people with arthritis.

We saw a fantastic response with many of you sharing your daily steps with family and friends, and even using indoor steppers or exercise bikes to reach your targets.

You can read more about the June Challenge and see if you would like to take part in the October Challenge with Versus Arthritis.

Comments

• Mike1
    Mike1 Member Posts: 1,992
    Options

I have calculated that shuffling from my recliner to the kitchen on my crutches to make a brew 250 times will account for 10,000 steps!

• Lilymary
    Lilymary Member Posts: 1,740
    Options

That's a lot of tea @Mike1. you'd better add in the trips to the loo as well!

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,419
    Options

That will halve the time it will take at least Mike! Vixen thinks you need a litter!

I think it's worth saying that we don't need to raise hundreds of pounds I know we all see those people who are working maybe loads of people who can sponsor them. A lot of us are at home and don't have that sort of social circle to sponsor us.

Even a tenner raised is a tenner

👍️

• Mike1
    Mike1 Member Posts: 1,992
    Options

I do have a glass hospital pee bottle which I used to use as a vase so that would save a trip or two! I won't be able to get sponsors being housebound and on my own but I will chuck a tenner in the pot.

• Lilymary
    Lilymary Member Posts: 1,740
    edited 7. Oct 2020, 11:58
    Options

I'd be feeling pleased with myself if I did 10,000 in a month! If I've got a heavy day at work when I'm on my feet all day I still only clocked up 5,500, and that was when I was better than I am now. Still, I'll give it some thought.

• Brynmor
    Brynmor Member Posts: 1,755
    Options

Update

Here is the resource page for 10,000 Steps A Day In October with additional information.

It's Not Too Late To Start!