Does anyone else find Imraldi painful to inject?

Does anyone else find Imraldi injections really painful? I also take methotrexate by injection, and this are super easy. Sometimes I'm not even sure if the needle has gone in because I barely feel it. But the Imraldi injections really hurt and I dread each injection day. Does anyone have any advice?

Comments

• lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    edited 9. Oct 2020, 16:32

Hello HollyP,

Sorry it hurts. 😔

Do you have the pens or the actual syringe and needle?

I have Benepali pens and find it better if its left out of the fridge a couple of hours before I use it. A piece of advise a diabetic friend gave me is to gently press the needle around the injection site first and you will find a spot which is less sensitive, so inject there. It does make it a bit better though the drug going in can sometimes still be sore. I do keep telling myself it'll soon be over when it does hurt! ☺️

Love, Legs xx

Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • HollyP92
    HollyP92 Member Posts: 6

Hi Legs,

Thank you for your reply, I have the pens. On my next injection day I will try getting it out of the fridge a lot earlier and will see if that makes a difference. I just find it really odd that I barely feel my methotrexate injections but the Imraldi ones feel like I'm being stabbed with a knife. Why can't they all be the same?!

Holly xx

• lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393

Holly, maybe Imardi is a slightly thicker solution than the methotrexate and that's why you feel one and not the other. I don't look forward to jabbing either but I'm so glad of the benefits for the sake of gritting my teeth once a week. at least you know there are many of us out there jabbing too.

Be brave and let's grit and jab together 😄

Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'