Any tips for new mums please?

Options

I have RA, looking for advice on best stair gates for sore hands, light weight car seats, I’m told 360 spin ones are best, any other tips for new mums would be great. Baby is 7 months old and very heavy / tall for her age.

thank you

Comments

• Anna
    Anna Moderator Posts: 975
    edited 22. Oct 2020, 22:18
    Options

Hello @Bev486 and a very warm welcome to the online community!

Congratulations on your new baby ( although at 7 months I bet it feels like she’s always been a part of your life!)

Many of us on the forum have raised children while living with RA and can well remember the challenges that come with the joys. I’m sure that members will have some helpful suggestions for equipment and tips to help you in your daily life. Meanwhile, you could have a look at the NRAS website which offers some general tips of managing a baby when you have RA:

You might also want to have a look at Arthr, a company that’s looking at ways to make living easier for people with arthritis. They’re a new company so they haven’t created much yet, but you could get in touch with them with some suggestions for what would help you:

All the very best to you, and please let us know how you’re getting on.

Anna : )

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm