Psoriatic arthritis and TTC

Hi,

I started taking Cimzia over 12 months ago now as I'd tried a number of different meds but I also started trying to conceive and believed then it was my only option.

Anyway for months it was absolutely great and then about 3 months ago I had an abnormally high liver reading so my rheumatologist asked me to stop the meds, which I did. I carried on having fortnightly blood tests and my liver reading started to come down but then last time it went back up again.

So at the moment I'm not medicated, my GP keeps saying ask your rheumatologist and my rheumatologist keeps saying it's nothing to do with him as I've stopped my meds. I'm not getting anywhere with either of them and I have no idea what's causing this high liver reading. If I can't take cimzia I'd like them to look at an alternative whilst TTC, what other medication is available?

Comments

• Tom
    Tom Member Posts: 522

Greetings CharlotteW84 and welcome to the Forum.

You have Psoriatic Arthritis and are currently having buck passing issues with your GP and rheumatologist. I suggest that it might be worth contacting our Helpline, who will be able to give you some tailored advice.

Here are some links to general information about your condition:

I hope you find answers and please fell free to let us know how you get on.

• Hi @CharlotteW84

Thank you for posting on the forum. Thank you for your message. 

I am sorry you to hear of your situation.  It must be very frustrating for you given that the Cimzia was working so well until you started to get high liver readings.

I’m sorry too that your psoriatic arthritis is not being controlled with medication.  You are right to ask your rheumatologist to look at an alternative for you.

You can find more information and advice about trying for a baby when you have arthritis in the link below. You may find the summary table on DMARDS helpful when discussing alternative treatment options whilst TTC with your rheumatologist. You can find the PDF in the drugs section on the link below.

You are very welcome to call us on our freephone helpline: 0800 5200 520 so you can talk things through with one of our helpline team. 

I hope this is helpful. As Tom says, please let us know how you get on and do contact us on the helpline if you'd like to talk.

Best wishes

Mags

Helpline Team