Hi there.

Options
Kazwhitehouse
Kazwhitehouse Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:05 in Living with arthritis

Hi, I’m Kaz- I had my first hip replacement when I was 41 - I now have osteoarthritis in my left hip and I am on a fast track system for when I want it operated on. However with covid my whole family would need to quarantine. As we work in healthcare that is difficult as the workload isn’t going down!

i also have arthritic hands and now my neck hurts daily, basically seem to be falling apart!

i guess like many on here I try to keep going and pushing through as I have lived with it for so many years- but oh for a day without pain!

K.

Comments

• chrisb
    chrisb Moderator Posts: 680
    Options

Hi @Kazwhitehouse and welcome to the Versus Arthritis forum.

You’ve already had one hip replacement and now have OA in the other awaiting a fast track operation. You also have issues with your hands and neck on a daily basis.

I must say, you’re in a difficult situation given that you and your family are in healthcare with the Covid/quarantine implications.

I don’t know if you already take any pain relief measures but if not then this link to our website many be of use https://www.versusarthritis.org/search?query=OA+pain+relief

I’m sure that other forum members will be able to share their experiences and help you through this period.

Anyone working in healthcare during these unprecedented times deserves the support and gratitude of others. I hope that the forum can provide you with such support.

If at any time you fell it would be useful then please do call our free Helpline on 0800 5200 520, or email helpline@versusarthritis.org (Mon - Fri 9:00am – 8:00pm) if you ever feel they could be of help.

Best Wishes

ChrisB (Moderator)

Need more help - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,425
    Options

Hi @Kazwhitehouse

Good to meet you 🙂

Sorry to hear you are struggling with your unoperated hip, thumb and neck now though.

Yes of course quarantine for you all prior to surgery it really is the only safe way to keep COVID out of hospitals as far as possible though I know.

While you are waiting i hope you'll enjoy getting to know us lot and let is distract you from your wait.

Take care