Hello all

Options
Sam40
Sam40 Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:05 in Living with arthritis

My name is Sam and I've recently been diagnosed with psoriatic arthritis, would love to hear from others how they cope with pain, and everyday living πŸ™‚πŸ™‚

Comments

• Poppyjane
    Poppyjane Moderator Posts: 754
    Options

Hallo @Sam40 and welcome to the online community.

You have recently been diagnosed with psoriatic arthritis and wonder how others cope with the pain and everyday living. I expect you have been advised by your GP and Consultant about different types of pain relief and medication for your condition. I attach a link with information about this

https://www.versusarthritis.org/about-arthritis/managing-symptoms/managing-your-pain

I often find that a way to cope with pain is by distracting myself with reading , baking, gardening and exercise though it all has to be done in small doses because the other effect of living with arthritis is fatigue. So managing my time is a crucial part of coping because overdoing it has knock on effects , easier said than done though !

If you would find it helpful to talk to someone then call the helpline 0800 5200 520.

Monday - Friday 9.00 a.m. -8.00p.m.

I am sure there are many members who would share their own experiences of coping with the pain and the challenges of living with arthritis. So do join us again and browse through the forums and recent posts .

We look forward to hearing from you again

Take care

Jane

If it would be helpful to talk to someone ring the Helpline 0800 5200 520

Monday - Friday 9.00a.m. - 6.00p.m.

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,424
    Options

Hi @Sam40

Lovely to meet you. There are a lot of people who use this forum who have PsA. After OA and RA it seems to be the next most commonly mentioned.

If there is anything in particular you are struggling with just ask and if people have found a solution/way round the issue they will share it.

Same with day to day pain we all have our own methods, but pain relief, exercise (in moderation!) distraction (coming on here, reading jigsaws etc) are some I use.

Do have a look around the forum and join in wherever you feel comfortable. People are very welcoming.

Take care