Hi, Welcome!

The community is a safe space for people living with and connected to arthritis to ask questions and share experiences. Get started by registering here and posting your first comment or question!

Sign In with a Versus Arthritis account

Lumbar decompression surgery

BigkevBigkev Posts: 3
edited 13. Nov 2020, 12:17 in Living with arthritis

New member just saying hello

been suffering from spinal arthritis and arthritis in my wrists and hip.for over 14 years but managed to keep working till April last year. Now Iam in so much pain everyday I have resorted to the underworld to get myself liquid morpheme and it helps a lot but I have been put forward for a Lumbar decompression surgery has anybody had this operation

thanks Kevin

Comments

• BrynmorBrynmor Posts: 716 admin

Hi @Bigkev welcome to the Online Community

Sorry to hear you have had arthritis in your spine, wrists and hips for over 14 years and that there is now so much pain you have now had to stop work.

I found a couple of members who previously, like you, came to ask if anyone had previously had a lumbar decompression operation and what the experiences were. Sadly, none of them came back to report on the procedure and the outcome of the operation.

There is a useful entry on the NHS web site about lumbar decompression:

I have also taken the liberty of editing your discussion title so that it might draw more attention from readers 😃

If you do have the proposed surgery, it would be a great help for others looking for such information to read about your experience, if you are willing. In any event, do let us know how you get on and if you decide to go ahead.

All best wishes

Brynmor

• Brynmor thank you

yes I don’t mind telling people thanks for the information