Hello everyone! :-)

Options
MARIA3265
MARIA3265 Member Posts: 1
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:05 in Living with arthritis

Hi everyone.

My name is Maria. I'm 55, married, with 4 grown daughters and 4 grand children.

I've had rheumatoid arthritis for 34 years and am classed as "very severe" now. I have had several operations as a result of my RA, from joint fusions and dislocations to a disc removal from my back. I'm new to taking Bariticinib 4mg following an episode of pancytopaenia after taking Mtx and Enbrel for many years.

I'm working full time ads an office manager and am lucky that I have understanding work colleagues who don't mind helping me. I love my job and am happy to work as it gives me something productive to do. I don't do much around the house though - just as and when the RA allows. Lucky for me I have a very loving husband.

|I am not part of any other support group so am looking forward to getting to know people and giving / receiving advice and support.

Hugs to you all.

Maria

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,425
    Options

Lovely to meet you @MARIA3265

Lovely to meet you and welcome you to our forum. It's a really kind supportive community here. I can see you are an RA expert so probably can help others facing surgeries for example.

Have a look round and just join in wherever you want to. You will get a warm welcome 🙂

• Brynmor
    Brynmor Member Posts: 1,755
    Options

Hi @MARIA3265 and welcome to the Online Community, good to have you here.

It's great that you can continue working at something you enjoy having had rheumatoid arthritis for 34 years and after several operations. Do join in across the community, give advice and ask questions, or just call in for a chat to let us know how you are getting on.

All best wishes

Brynmor

• Shaphron
    Shaphron Member Posts: 74
    Options

Hi Maria! I've got OA in my knees - I'm lucky I can still work as well, despite some pain and stiffness. It helps that my work is sitting down at a desk most of the time!

Glad you've found the VA community, I find it really nice to read up and see how everyone is doing.

If in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout