Hi, Welcome!

The community is a safe space for people living with and connected to arthritis to ask questions and share experiences. Get started by registering here and posting your first comment or question!

Sign In with a Versus Arthritis account

Advice

Hi All

I am brand new to the group today and only a few months into my diagnosis of Rheumatoid Arthritis so this is all very new to me. I wondered how long it takes for the methotrexate to actually show some signs that its going to work. I have only been on it for 8 weeks but everything seems to be running out of control rather than settling or getting any better.

Comments

• Thank you so much thats really helpful and I will certainly read those leaflets 🙏 this is all so new and I find myself in a situation that I cant control which is another first for me but hopefully time will settle everything down.

I do hope you are ok and again thank you for all the advice.

Clare

• Chris66Chris66 Member Posts: 3

Hi Clare

I to was diagnosed with Ra in July I was on methotrexate pills to last week 25mg but they didn't do nothing for me so last week I have to start injecting methotrexate but still not feeling better yet if that don't work they said they will introduce another drug but I suppose you gotta try everything until you find the right one keep ya head up,all the best

• TomTom Moderator Posts: 96

Clare, like you I had my first attack of RA 40 years ago. Went quiet until 5 years ago. It was worse than the first time as I remember it, but is now under control. I was injecting Methotrexate - it took about 12 weeks to have an effect and I had to leave off it because of stomach trouble. I am now on Hydroxychloroquine and Sulfasalazine which works fine. In the early days I was also Prednisolone, but haven't needed that for 12 months.

There is light at the end of the tunnel, good luck.

Tom