Just diagnosed and under 35

Options

Hey I'm Em.. My gp has referred me to rheumatology and has started me on prednisolone. We are having to wait to see rheumatology as the earliest appointment is Feb. My GP has confirmed more than 10 joints are affected and that my CRP and ESR have never been below 15 and flares start in September..

I'm feeling shocked and scared but in another way it makes sense.. But this is a strange time emotion wise and I think I won't truly believe it till I've been seen by rheumatology as its been a long road to get here and get believed because of my age.

Comments

• anneb82
    anneb82 Member Posts: 317
    Options

Hi @Vikitteh3mm13

Welcome to the Versus Arthritis forum and thank you for sharing your story with us.

So you've been referred to rheumatology and until you are seen, your GP has started you on prednisolone. your flares started in September and your blood tests are confirming inflammation in your body. You are feeling scared and shocked, which are perfectly natural emotions to have when going through something like this. It must have been very disheartening to think that you were not being believed due to your age.

Above I have attached a couple of sections off of the main website that you may want to have a look at. If you have the opportunity I would suggest taking the time to have a look at the website as it has a lot of helpful information that might help to put your mind at rest.

I hope this helps but please feel free to post again and join in with any discussions that you are interested in on the forum. We are a friendly bunch and here for you if needed

Take care

Anne