Intro

Options
Tjb
Tjb Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:05 in Living with arthritis

Hi I'm tracey, I'm 55.

I was diagnosed with moral osteo in my fingers and rheumatoid in my hands and wrists and my forearms and shoulders are more recently involved though I've been not been diagnosed on these yet

In general I'm lucky with my health but I have been finding it more difficult recently due to lack of sleep - being woken multiple times during the night by burning painful hands and then spending considerable time in the morning just trying to get my hands and fingers moving and less painful

Cold helps but any advice of what works for you greatly appreciated

X

Comments

• Ellen
    Ellen Moderator Posts: 1,628
    Options

Good Morning @Tjb welcome to the Versus Arthritis Online Community. I see you have been diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis (and some osteoarthritis in your fingers too If I've got that right?).

Your hands seem to be the main issue for you at the moment.

I wonder how long ago you were diagnosed and whether you are on any medication for your Rheumatoid Arthritis? It might be that your Medication needs looking at again or that it hasn't had time to work yet if it's recently been prescribed.

Some of our members also have issues with their hands and will no doubt pass on their tips too, but in the meantime take a look at this in particular the section entitled 'Managing Symptoms'.

Best wishes

Ellen

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,414
    Options

Hi @Tjb nice to meet you.

I sometimes put my hands in warm water to get them going depends on the cause really sometimes they prefer cool.

Some people on here have mentioned warm wax baths for their hands, but I've never tried those., But of you like warmth maybe a wheaty (that goes in the microwave ) might be comforting?

The other thing to try might be overnight 'resting' splints?

Take care