Hip Trouble

ramblinkath
ramblinkath Member Posts: 1
edited 12. Jan 2021, 12:26 in Living with arthritis

Hi,

I've had lower back pain for many years and more recently arthritis in my shoulder has been diagnosed. Recently there have been signs of hip trouble, so I am looking to do what I can to keep things under control.

At the moment I am pretty mobile and pain is still at the nuisance level. I've signed up with Leon and am awaiting the first routine.

Comments

• Aj_x
    Aj_x Member Posts: 206

Leon will set you a lovely routine and will make sure that it suits your ability.

Hope you enjoy it and the trouble with your hip gets itself sorted soon as well.

• Brynmor
    Brynmor Member Posts: 1,755

Hi @ramblinkath welcome to the Online Community. I have taken the liberty and moved your post from your Activity Wall to the Say Hello category so that other members can see this 😃

The Let's Move with Leon is a great programme and lots of people do really well with it.

We have a great resource for all about Hip Pain and what you can do to manage symptoms: https://www.versusarthritis.org/about-arthritis/conditions/hip-pain/

You may also like to take a look at the hints and tips on What Helps Hip Pain:

Do join in across the Community, you will be most welcome. Call in and let us know how you are getting on with Let's Move with Leon.

All best wishes

Brynmor

• Rina
    Rina Member Posts: 85

Hi there,

I’ve had shoulder and neck pain for some years - had to take early retirement because of it. I found that a warm heat pad ( I use the microwaveable one really helps to ease it, plus gentle stretches. There are a few on the VA website you could have a look at. Even though it hurts a bit when I start, I usually feel so much better when I’ve done a few. It’s such a vicious circle with arthritis isn’t it - pain makes it hurt to move so you don’t move which makes the pain worse!

Heres the link to those ( very gentle) exercises I mentioned https://www.versusarthritis.org/media/1923/shoulder-pain-exercise-pamphlet.pdf

Rina xx