Hi, Welcome!

The community is a safe space for people living with and connected to arthritis to ask questions and share experiences. Get started by registering here and posting your first comment or question!

Sign In with a Versus Arthritis account

Stabbing pains in fingers and toes. Is it arthritis or peripheral neuropathy?

I apologise for this being my second questions in a few days. I have OA in my hands and tender Heberden's nodes at the ends of my fingers. I also get flashes of pain in my fingers that only last a few seconds, but are painful nevertheless. Does anyone know if this is also part of arthritis? I get it in my toes, too. Wondering about peripheral neuropathy, although I don't have any numbness. Something else to ask my GP about?

Comments

• airwaveairwave Posts: 358

Fleeting pains can be a symptom of OA, you may need to chat to your GP if you’re concerned about them? I’ve never heard the pain at the ends of your fingers being given a name, we learn something every day! I spent ages using my knuckles to tap on the keyboard with.

its a grin, honest!

• airwaveairwave Posts: 358

The reference to fingertips should read the joints nearest the fingertips. There’s plenty of explanation if the name is googled.

its a smile, honest!