Advice

Options
Debbienewbie
Debbienewbie Member Posts: 9
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:05 in Living with arthritis

Hi, im new to all this 😬 ive been told i have osteoarthritis & rheumatoid arthritis πŸ˜• have my 1st apt with rheumatology on monday! Are there any questions i should be asking or anything i need to do? Any advice gratefully recieved 😊

Comments

• Tom
    Tom Member Posts: 522
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @Debbienewbie.

You are looking forward to your first appointment with the rheumatologist, having been told that you have the "Two A's", rheumatoid and osteo arthritis, not an uncommon combination.

Here are some links to help:

Rheumatoid arthritis | Causes, symptoms, treatments (versusarthritis.org)

Osteoarthritis (OA) | Causes, symptoms, treatments (versusarthritis.org)

I whish you luck and let us know how you get on.

Tom

• YvonneH
    YvonneH Member Posts: 1,076
    Options

Hi @Debbienewbie

I always write a list of everything I want to know or have explained before I go, there's nothing worse that walking out of the door and thinkiing 'I wish I'd asked that!' Then I give the list to the rheumatologist so he can sort out the order to best help me understand and cope.

If you like we can be virtual buddies for you - we jump into your pocket and keep you company and hopefully give you a little nudge at the right moment. If that would help just ask for Pocket Duties - we will know what you mean

Take care

Yvonne

• Hairobsessed123
    Options

Awww I have no advise just wanted to say goodluck ! I had my first face to face appointment Monday just gone ! I’ve been recently diagnosed with psoriatic arthritis.

I had to have a steroid shot in my bum and I wish I’d have asked what is was !

Anyway the good thing is I just received a copy of my outcome from consultation that they send to drs so I know what it was he shot me with πŸ˜‚

All the best xxxx

• Lilymary
    Lilymary Member Posts: 1,740
    Options

Definitely write a list of questions, and write down the answers, either during the consultation if you write quickly, or as soon as the consultation is over before you forget the answers.

• Debbienewbie
    Options

Thank you so much everyone for your advice x

im really happy to have my apt as i just want to find out how i can deal with these conditions and carry on living, working & leading a fullfilled life 🀞🏻πŸ₯°

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,414
    Options

I write a list like Yvonne @Debbienewbie

A clear concise list all symptoms.

When they started...how long for....how painful out of 10

What it stops me doing and affects (like sleep)

and anything else like a raised temperature any rashes etc.

I hope you get some answers best of luck and don't forget to let us know how you get on

• Debbienewbie
    Options

Wow write a list, id best start now lol

i find it difficult to know what symptoms might be due to the arthritis or maybe something else πŸ€”

• Mike1
    Mike1 Member Posts: 1,992
    Options

It's probably easier to write down what is right!!

• Debbienewbie
    Options

Ha ha yes maybe!! πŸ˜¬πŸ˜†

• Debbienewbie
    Options

Well i had my apt today 😊

ive got to get all my bloods done again, xrays, ultrasound & mri

given a prescription for hydroxychloraquin or however you spell it lol

then i will be having to go on methotrexate too

have to wait for next apts to come through

feel relieved that things are now in motion πŸ‘πŸ»