Who makes the lists for the COVID vaccine jab

I have psoriatic arthritis, Crohn’s disease, peripheral neuropathy, and other problems, I am on immune suppressants, but they say I am in group 5 , as they say that I am at less risk, but it is on the news all the time about people dying with no underlying conditions, I have lived with these conditions for more than 20 years and always coped , but this virus really scares me.

Comments

• Mike1
    Mike1 Member Posts: 1,992

The order of priority for COVID-19 vaccines has been set by the NHS and Public Health England and approved by the Government, the order of priority is:

• Residents in a care home for older adults and their carers

• All those 80 years of age and over and frontline health and social care workers

• All those 75 years of age and over

• All those 70 years of age and over and clinically extremely vulnerable individuals

• All those 65 years of age and over.

• All individuals aged 16 years to 64 years with underlying health conditions which put them at higher risk of serious disease and mortality

• All those 60 years of age and over

• All those 55 years of age and over

• All those 50 years of age and over

People with the following conditions are automatically deemed clinically extremely vulnerable:

• solid organ transplant recipients
    • people with specific cancers:
      • people with cancer who are undergoing active chemotherapy
      • people with lung cancer who are undergoing radical radiotherapy
      • people with cancers of the blood or bone marrow such as leukaemia, lymphoma or myeloma who are at any stage of treatment
      • people having immunotherapy or other continuing antibody treatments for cancer
      • people having other targeted cancer treatments that can affect the immune system, such as protein kinase inhibitors or PARP inhibitors
      • people who have had bone marrow or stem cell transplants in the last 6 months or who are still taking immunosuppression drugs
    • problems with your spleen, for example splenectomy (having your spleen removed)
    • people on immunosuppression therapies sufficient to significantly increase risk of infection
    • people with rare diseases that significantly increase the risk of infections (such as severe combined immunodeficiency (SCID), homozygous sickle cell disease)
    • people with severe respiratory conditions including all cystic fibrosis, severe asthma and severe chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
    • adults with Down’s syndrome
    • adults on dialysis or with chronic kidney disease (stage 5)
    • women who are pregnant with significant heart disease, congenital or acquired
    • other people who have also been classed as clinically extremely vulnerable, based on clinical judgement and an assessment of their needs. GPs and hospital clinicians have been provided with guidance to support these decisions

• YvonneH
    YvonneH Member Posts: 1,076

Hi @Franky,

If you are not deemed clinically extremely vulnerable just remember that you have lived with this virus for 10 or so months now and you have managed it well. You haven't come into contact with it and you haven't had to isolate as a result of being near someone with COVID.

You just need to keep that up for a while longer - you can do this

Keep up to date with us, help a few fellow mebers with advice from your lived experience and join in with some lighthearted chat

Sending you strength

Take care

Yvonne x

• Franky
    Franky Member Posts: 7

How do you unsubscribe