Hello from Cornwall

tonyb
tonyb Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:06 in Living with arthritis

Hi all, a little introduction about myself. I am Tony, aged 66, widowed, and still caring for my daughter who has a learning disibility.

I have had a right knee replacement, and waiting for corrective surgery on my right ankle due to arthritis. It has been cancelled twice due to covid, but I hope as things ease I will be given a new date.

Lately my Left hip has become very painful, so that combined with my ankle issues can be very painful on bad days.

I am trying to find out which supplements can help to aleviate joint pain, several folk say tumeric helps but I would be very keen to hear from you good people what you feel helps.

Comments

• chrisb
    chrisb Moderator Posts: 669

Hi @tonyb and welcome to the Versus Arthritis forum. 

I note that you have had a knee replacement and await a further operation on your right ankle which has been delayed, this must be very frustrating for you. You are also experiencing pain in your left hip which is adding to your discomfort. 

In addition to feedback that you will no doubt receive from other forum members the following articles on our website will I hope be useful for you:

This link relates to Tumeric:

I hope that you find the input from members of the forum of benefit and I that you don’t have to wait to much longer for your surgery. 

Best Wishes

ChrisB (Moderator)

Need more help - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm