Hi, Welcome!

The community is a safe space for people living with and connected to arthritis to ask questions and share experiences. Get started by registering here and posting your first comment or question!

Sign In with a Versus Arthritis account

Hi

Just wanted to say, it is ok not to be ok. Some days I am in a lot of pain but I can’t have anything for my pain as I can not have anti- inflammatory tablets.

please stay safe everyone x

Comments

• Mike1Mike1 Member Posts: 1,325

Pain control is not just about medications, have a look at https://www.versusarthritis.org/about-arthritis/treatments/

• frogmortonfrogmorton Member Posts: 26,345

Hi @Teresa15 lovely to meet you and yes it is ok not to be ok.

There is pain relief as well as anti-inflammatories. The simplest being paracetamol of course. I say never underestimate the power of a warm wheatbag (the kind you microwave) on sore joints.

I think the info Mike1 has linked for you gives much more than my simplistic post about different treatments that might help us.

Take care

Love

Toni xxx
  • Fruitbat1981Fruitbat1981 Member Posts: 10

Hi @Teresa15

Was scrolling through the "Say Hello" Form and came across your post.

The answer is "Yes" it is ok to not be ok.

How come you can't take anti-Inflammatory tablets. I was on them for about 6 years then after being poorly and in hospital I get told I'm not allowed to take them anymore and I had them taken of me. Nothing was put in its place. I was in total agony so I can understand what pain you are in. Do you see a pain management team?

There are painkillers that don't have anti-inflammatory in them. Have you been offered them?

If you want to talk more I am always here. We all have to stick together!

Stay safe

FruitBat xx