Does this sound like the start?

Options
Liveandletlive
Liveandletlive Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:06 in Living with arthritis

Hi I'm new here ☺

Just to give you a bit of history, ive had a lot of pain in my right foot for months, the last 2 fingers on the right hand side. I was putting it down to low vitamin d and calcium and was taking it almost daily. I noticed some improvement but it never really stopped altogether. The pain moved from that area of my foot the next few fingers and that eventually stopped and I was back to pain in my last 2 fingers again. It hurts when I wake up in the morning and take the first 20/30 mins and then calm down and then doesn't bother me again untill the end of the day, after I'm done with my days work on my feel and what not.

In December I encountered sudden pain in my right knee. The pain is there again in the morning when I stretch my legs and when I with my knee bend under me. Most of the pain is on the outer right side. It's bearable but unpleasant. Every day the severity is different, some days it's a bit more, other days a little less. I was hoping for it to settle but it hasn't. Unfortunately a week ago I was changing and all of a sudden I couldn't move my right arm, my right collar bone was in immense pain near the middle area. My gosh, it was so bad I couldn't sleep all night as the pain seemed to be spreading across the right collar bone and toward my shoulder blade. The next morning I noticed my inner area of the right clavical was swollen ,it was right across to the middle area, and painful, it hurt to touch it and every movement made the pain worse. This went on for 4 days and although the pain has reduced a lot, the swelling is still there. There is still some pain across my right collar bone but not as before.

Im not sure if anyone has had such symptoms before but would be nice to know if anyone has been through something similar.

On a side note, mum suffers from arthritis and she's in constant pain bless her so there may be a genetic link.

Will appreciate any input or suggestions x

Comments

• Ellen
    Ellen Moderator Posts: 1,628
    Options

Hi @Liveandletlive

Good to meet you and welcome you to our online community.

You detail pain in your fingers over a lengthy period of time, your right knee joining in and now pain in your collar bone which has left some swelling in your clavicle.

We are not medically trained so can't give an opinion as to whether this is the start of a form of Arthritis, but attach this link for you to read: Arthritis | Causes, symptoms, treatment | Versus Arthritis

If you scroll down to the section entitled 'Should I see a Dr' it rather suggests you ought to as your pain has persisted for a long time now.

I would suggest it worth mentioning to your GP that your Mum has Arthritis as it could indeed be relevant.

Do please let us know how you get on.

Ellen.