Hello my first post

Options
Abacuself
Abacuself Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:06 in Living with arthritis

Hello this is my first post I've had RA since 15yrs old but wasn't diagnosed officially until 20+yrs ago, at the same time I was also diagnosed with Fibro. Over the years other illnesses have sneaked up on me too to join the fun and games I'm in my 50s now. Been on everything including 'Gold' Injections before biologics came along they tried everything then when Humira was in trial use I started on it in IV sadly didn't help much I've been on 4 different biologics and settled 10yrs ago on Abatacept. I can't have anything that will upset my liver so no anti-inflammatories etc tried methotrexate when it was pill form only to find that my liver didn't like it so am on a lot of meds for RA/Fibro/other illnesses. I won't tell you the rest will be here even longer!

Comments

• Ellen
    Ellen Moderator Posts: 1,628
    Options

Hello @Abacuself

Lovely to meet you and welcome you to the Online Community. I can see you have plenty of experience of living with Arthritis so won't insult you by adding any links to your condition(s)🙂

If I may though I would like to add a link to a bit of information about Gold injections which you mention in your post. As you can imagine a lot of people newer to Arthritis won't have heard of them: Gold injections (Myocrisin) | Versus Arthritis

I hope, after so many different medications, Abatacept is helping you with your Rheumatoid Arthritis.

Do have a look around the forum now you have introduced yourself and join in wherever you feel comfortable. Our members are very welcoming.

Best wishes

Ellen

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,424
    Options

Hi @Abacuself

Nice to meet you and welcome you to the forum from me too.

This is a great place to come just for a chat, let of steam, ask for advice or give advice! Everyone is really kind and supportive so feel free just to post anywhere 🙂

Take care