Hi I’m new to the site.

Options
Helenj70
Helenj70 Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:06 in Living with arthritis

Hi there, been suffering with osteoarthritis for a number of years but really been in denial. After lockdown last March things started to get worse and after a few months I’m now taking regular Naproxen and have Capsaicin for my hands. I keep getting flare ups and at the moment feel abit desperate with the pain. Been recommended to get some Physio but at the moment with Covid not sure that’s what I want to do. Should say the problems I have are hand and wrists.

Just want to feel less alone in this

Comments

• Mike1
    Mike1 Member Posts: 1,992
    Options

It is worth contacting a physio to see if they are able to help you, failing that they can refer you to an Occupational Therapist who should be able to provide you with compression gloves or splints to help you out.

• Chris_R
    Chris_R Moderator Posts: 796
    Options

Hi @Helenj70

Welcome to the forum,its great you have found us and as @Mike1 has already advised it is worth contacting your physiotherapy unit to see what they can do.

As you can see everyone is caring and want to help in any way so just continue to chat on our forums and people will soon get to answer you

Thought this link may help in some way

Managing your pain | Treatments and self-help (versusarthritis.org).

Take care and please let us know how you get on Christine

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm