Hi!

Options
JB_PSA
JB_PSA Member Posts: 8
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:06 in Living with arthritis

Hi all

I have been browsing the forums for a while but thought I would join.

I have had psoriasis since I was 9 or 10 and recently diagnosed with psoriatic arthritis in my late 20s.

I was put on sulfasalazine but had an allergic reaction so was then moved on to methotrexate in late 2019. My arthritis flares have lessened and my quality of life is so much better, apart from having to shield.

Aside from my medical history, I started focussing on my own health and well-being at the start of 2019 which means I am eating better, am more active and carrying a lot less weight around.

I enjoy reading, puzzle books and listening to podcasts. I’ve recently gotten into yoga which is something I thought I’d struggle with but it’s really helping with being more flexible. Daily walks are my go to exercise and the occasional Zumba at home to get my cardio in.

Looking forward to meeting more people through this community :)

Comments

• chrisb
    chrisb Moderator Posts: 680
    Options

Hi @JB_PSA  

Welcome to the Versus Arthritis forum. 

I see that you have psoriatic arthritis and that your prescribed medication has really helped with your quality of life, which is great. You have improved your diet and implemented a varied exercise regime. 

From your subsequent post I note that you have very recently been through a difficult post vaccine experience, I hope that you are now getting back to normal. 

From having already browsed the forum you’ll have seen that we’re a friendly lot so I’m sure you’ll meet plenty of new people. I suggest that you contribute to as many topics as you feel appropriate in order to get the most out of the forum. 

Best Wishes

ChrisB (Moderator)

Need more help - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm