Hi

Gillyflower47
Gillyflower47 Member Posts: 1
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:06 in Living with arthritis

Hi, I’ve just joined, although I’ve probably had arthritis for years. I’m 73 and was lucky to get a new hip in January , so everything was finished before lockdown. I have also had a fusion in C5/6 vertebrae some years ago. It’s probably quicker to list where I haven’t got arthritis, but the main areas are the spine and the wrists/fingers. I try and keep fit by using a static bike and going to the gym when they are open. It’s good to find a forum where people can understand what it’s like to have pain most of the time.

Comments

• Ellen
    Ellen Moderator Posts: 1,591

Hi @Gillyflower47

Lovey to meet you and welcome yo to the Versus Arthritis Online Community.

You are quite right this is a lovely forum to talk to people who understand about pain. I am sure your experience will be useful for others newer to the condition too.

I see you had your new hip just before lockdown last January and have arthritis (I presume Osteoarthritis?) in quite a few places and keep as fit as you can.

Keeping fit as far as possible is something we definitely encourage here you might enjoy looking at our 'Let's Move' category: Let's Move — Versus Arthritis

Many of us have particularly enjoyed Let's Move with Leon (versusarthritis.org)

Exercises we can do at home both standing and chair based.

I'll leave you now to join in wherever you feel comfortable.

Best wishes

Ellen.