Last week I had my covid injection. Last Tuesday at 3am I found I couldn’t walk

Options
Barry
Barry Member Posts: 3
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:06 in Living with arthritis

Last week I had my covid injection. 6 days later at 3am my whole body was painful, my tendon in my left groin, both shoulders my right wrist and my right foot. I managed to get in a hot bath my body was shaking with pain. The hot bath stopped me shaking but I was stuck in the bath for over 3 hours I eventually woke my wife and she eventually got me out of the bath. I was taken into hospital. It turned out I had a reaction to the covid injection which 3 days later still suffering. Can’t walk can’t dress my self as I can’t lift my arms. Has anyone else suffered the same as I have. I am now worried about having the second injection

Comments

• Ellen
    Ellen Moderator Posts: 1,628
    Options

Hi @Barry

You don't say which type of Arthritis you have, but your reaction to the COVID vaccine sounds very extreme. What a horrible experience getting stuck in the bath for so long. Good job your wife finally woke up and heard you.

None of our members have reported anything as extreme as you detail here. Mostly it's been general flu like symptoms along with some gastric issues. I take it your symptoms were reported under the yellow card scheme. Coronavirus (COVID-19) — Versus Arthritis this is the category where most discussions about COVID have been taking place.

I would think your Dr would be the person to discuss what to do about your 2nd injection.

Do let us know how you get on please

Best wishes

Ellen

• Barry
    Barry Member Posts: 3
    Options

I have psoriasis arthritis. The meds I’m on methotrexate max dose and sulfasalazine 2 twice a day which isn’t working for me my rheumatologist wanted to put me on an injection before March last year but it’s not happened due to covid. I have had 8 big flare ups since March last year but none as bad as this

• Ellen
    Ellen Moderator Posts: 1,628
    Options

Thanks @Barry it's nice to know a bit more about you.

I'll leave our members to reply to you now.

Best wishes

Ellen.