Anything

Options
Jock56
Jock56 Member Posts: 3
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:06 in Living with arthritis

Hi all this is my first time posting on this site so don't really know what to say. I've had the old Arthur for 3 to 4 years now and to be honest I seem to have hit a plateau neither up nor down just maybe the tiredness of it all gets too me. Hope we can get through this all together. Thanks

Comments

• Tom
    Tom Member Posts: 522
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @Jock56. You don't specify which version of the Arthur is plaguing you or what treatment you are on. 4years of contending with pain and restrictions to daily life is no fun.

This is a link to helpful information (at least I hope it is):

Everyday tips for living with arthritis (versusarthritis.org)

Now that your post has been accepted, you will get access to the accumulated wisdom and experience of our forum members, I hope you find it useful.

Stay safe, Tom

• Jona
    Jona Member Posts: 406
    Options

Hi Jock56

I understand how you feel I get frustrated with it all and having pain all the time is upsetting too if you sit long it hurts, if you lay too long it hurts, and some days I want to scream loudly like going uphill but sliding on ice we will get through it everyone here are amazing I’ve started to meditate just started so newby I’m imagining I’m on a beach sun shining down, a long cool glass of orange with ice, breathing slow and just try to lose myself a bit

People here have a wealth of knowledge and glad your reaching out

take care keep safe

Jona 😊

• Mike1
    Mike1 Member Posts: 1,992
    Options

I find that being in a recliner with the back at about 45 degrees with my legs up takes the pressure off my spine and reduces my pain levels. When I hobble round my bungalow on crutches I lean forward on them which has a similar effect. I cannot sit upright nor stand unaided and I slouch in my wheelchair to reduce the pain as well. The trouble is I spend between 18 and 20 hours a day in my recliner and often sleep in it as well because despite having an electric adjustable bed it is difficult to get comfortable which is why I only get 2 - 3 hours sleep a night! My recliner was supplied by Adult Social Care following an in-house OT assessment, in fact that have just replaced the cushions and have decided to provide me with a new replacement as this one is wearing out (as am I!).

• Jona
    Jona Member Posts: 406
    Options

Mike

Sending you a huge hug 🤗 x