Pineapple

Options

Hi, first time on here so please go easy on me... so here goes... pineapple, wether it be juice, chunks, fingers or tinned, I witnessed a miracle with my mum, she was bed bound with massively distorted hands, she couldn’t even hold a pen let alone sign her name... in desperation I done some research, got some pineapple juice and within an hour of drinking it, my dear mum managed to sign 3 cheques... I subscribe to other Arthritis sites, told them the power of pineapple to which I was gobsmacked at the replies.... all negative.. if you google pineapple, give it a try with an open mind, you may notice over time less swelling and less pain... what’s not to like? The negatives I received were about grapefruit and other medications that react badly with that.... pineapple is full of Bromaline, a protolitic enzyme that breaks down Fibrin, our bodies natural defence mechanism which saves joints but stops drugs working... all I say is google it, you may be surprised

Comments

• Hi @Stiffandswollen,

Welcome to the online community, it’s lovely to have you here.

I see you are very passionate about the benefits of eating pineapple.

As you pointed out, there is evidence that pineapple can interfere with certain medications. In addition, we don’t condone anyone with arthritis stopping their prescribed medications. If you are considering using any complementary or alternative treatment you should check with your doctor. Here’s a link for more info:

What are complementary and alternative treatments? (versusarthritis.org)

Personally, I love pineapple but find if I eat too much the bromelain starts to make my mouth very sore - you eat pineapple, pineapple eats you.

I encourage you to share your experiences with arthritis, I’m sure you’ll find this community is very friendly and welcoming 😊

Best wishes,

Sarah (mod) x

• stellabean
    stellabean Member Posts: 307
    Options

Hi Stiffandswollen, I used to eat pineapple regularly and I loved it but in recent years my daughter has developed an allergy to it and we dare not have it in the house in any shape or form. I did occasionally when I used to shop alone I would buy some ready prepared and sit in the car and devour it safely depositing the packaging in the bin before going home, but I always felt very guilty as pineapple was my daughters favorite fruit.

• airwave
    airwave Member Posts: 579
    Options

Well at least it’s cheap and easy to get hold of? Not sure the sweetened juice will help our figures☺️

it's a grin, honest!

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,419
    Options

Hi @Stiffandswollen us members are generally very open minded here and don't shut people down when they are discussing diet/alternative therapies.

As Airwave said it's cheap enough to try it and why not?

Unless of course like stellabean one of your kids has an allergy.

• SausageFingers
    Options

Most food CAUSES me a problem but I'm willing to try the old apples le pine.

Not done it yet so I'll give it a go! :)

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,419
    Options

@SausageFingers

would they be pomme de pine!!

You did make me smile there I do that too 'Frenchify' words!!!😁

• Mike1
    Mike1 Member Posts: 1,992
    Options
  • airwave
    airwave Member Posts: 579
    Options