littleraincloud
littleraincloud Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:06 in Living with arthritis

Hi I'm new here and I'm not quite sure how to work this or what to say so forgive me if I do it wrong . I am a 21 year old woman and i was diagnosed with psoriatic arthritis when I was 18. I'm struggling quite a bit recently with my arthritis so I'm looking to hopefully talk to some people who understand what it's like. Anyway I hope this was an okay introduction.

Comments

• Tom
    Tom Member Posts: 522

Welcome to the forum, @littleraincloud. You have psoriatic arthritis and are looking for information from others to help.

That is the whole purpose of these forums. You are definitely not alone. There follows some links to guides form our website:

https://www.versusarthritis.org/news/2020/january/adjusting-to-life-with-psoriatic-arthritis-has-been-a-journey/

I hope these help and do let us know how you get on.

Tom

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332

That was an absolutely fine introduction @littleraincloud 😊

I love your name too.

There are a fair few on here who have PsA so you are definitely not alone. Any questions do ask people will be very happy to share their experience.

Take care

• Kitty
    Kitty Member Posts: 3,583

Good morning littleraincloud. I'm so sorry you are suffering with Psoriatic Arthritis at such a tender age. The difficulties of having any type of arthritis when young, is that not many people believe you can suffer with it unless you are old and wrinkly like me. But I was only 36 when diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis (I'm 70 now).

BTW, you introduction was brilliant. As Toni says, anyone with PSA will only be too pleased to offer you advice and suggestions. We're a friendly bunch. I hope you have a good consultant who will soon find a course of treatment that will help ease your symptoms. Take care, an pop in often. 😊

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A Heinlein