Last 2 weeks from Hell!

Options

Hi Everyone,

I don't usually post on here so the fact I am means I am at the final straw and only you all will know what it feels like.

I had my vaccine on the 25th Jan and I was fine. No side effects which is good. I was then able to start my new Rheumatology medication Friday 12th February. Yeah, that stopped on Tuesday also and I am not allowed to start it again until I speak to my Rheumatologist to after I also got given some stool softeners which done its job and I stopped taking them straight away. Even though I have stop taking the stool softener tablets it continued to fall out of me. It is now Thursday 18th February and I have managed some soup.

In 2 weeks, I have lost 1stone in weight, but it isn't actual weigh it is my nutrients etc. All I want to do is sleep.

I am hurting so much it is unreal. I have pain in the bottom of my feet and because of this I have to roll a cold freezing bottle of water under my foot. I am cold anyway. It numbed it a little bit.

Because I am sitting all the time my right hip is really hurting as well. I have had enough of this pain now. It doesn't help that I have had another letter saying that I am shielding until 30th March.

That definitely was the final nail in the coffin. x

My husband who is my Full Time Carer slept in the recliner next to me in the Front room in case I needed to go to the toilet. I woke up about 5.40am and I struggled to get up to get to the toilet and I ended up having to pee in a pot 😪

I'm 40-year-old and it has come to this now. I am getting a glide along commode; I have a hospital bed and I don't share a bed with my husband anymore. I can't sit on the sofa with him and Callum because I can't get back off the sofa.

I feel like I'm defeated., I can't do it no more. (Don't worry I won't do anything stupid I hurt already) x

The World Is Your Oyster

Fruit Bat

Comments

• Mike1
    Mike1 Member Posts: 1,992
    Options

You need to contact your GP asap and explain to him/her what is going on. As it is night time now phone the NHS on 111.

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,417
    Options

Oh no!

This is bad Fruit bat! What is being done to help you? I hope you won't touch those softeners again EVER😣

Has your Dr prescribed a multivitamin of some sort? I hope so because it's not good to suddenly lose a load of weight like that. As you say it's not likely to be fat more likely not healthy loss.

I'm so glad you will have a glider comode coming soon and think your husband is wonderful being prepared to sleep in the recliner just to be with his beloved wife.

You can do it, you will do it, things will get better. Fruit Bats are made of tough stuff!

Seriously sending lots of love strength and ((()))

• airwave
    airwave Member Posts: 579
    Options

Don’t worry, pain does not last, often long enough but not forever. Instead of the stool softener I eat homemade yogurt, my wife makes the Easy Yeo up, just the Greek yoghurt version, it does work. Every 6 months or so I’ll top up and eat it for a while.

I take it you have RA, for which you’ll need one of the others.

keep smiling.

it’s a grin, honest!

• Jona
    Jona Member Posts: 406
    Options

Hi fruitbat1981,

im sending you big hugs , I agree with Mike contact 111 or your gp if your waiting till the morning but please don’t put up with it you shouldn’t have too

Jona 🤗

• YvonneH
    YvonneH Member Posts: 1,076
    Options

Hi @Fruitbat1981

That's not how it should be at all. Life can be very hard but it seems you should not be struggling so much for so long.

When you get a medical person's ear please explain how it is for you and that you need to talk to someone who can sort out what help you should have and get it organised. it will probably not be the right person but that’s ok, when they say that ask who the right person would be and how to contact them

keep talking, we are here to support you in this,

sending ((((())))) and a bucket of strength

Take care

Yvonne xx

• frogmorton
    Options

Hi @Fruitbat1981

I have been thinking about you and wondering how you are doing? I hope you know how much support and understanding you are getting from us all here. Hope things are ok(ish)

((()))🤞🦇

• Jona
    Jona Member Posts: 406
    Options

Hi fruitbat1981,

Please if you can let us know how you are we are all worried about you 💐

love Jona 😔

• Fruitbat1981
    Options

Cheers for you comment but they wouldn't help me. They won't get me an earlier appointment to see my Rheumatologist and they are unable to help me out of a Fibromyalgia attack. I also having underlying conditions so it's difficult.

• frogmorton
    Options

We are all here for you Fruitbat ((()))

All of us keep in touch and let us know how things are going.

Sending extra strength your way