Hi, Welcome!

The community is a safe space for people living with and connected to arthritis to ask questions and share experiences. Get started by registering here and posting your first comment or question!

Sign In with a Versus Arthritis account

Fatigue

Been off work for 2 weeks with arthritis flare up in my knee. One minute I feel ok then the next my knees are really painful and I feel so tired and achey all over. Can anybody tell me if this is how it goes and how long does it normally last.

Comments

• Mike1Mike1 Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭✭

Everyone is different but being in constant pain is tiring, especially when combined with being unable to sleep more than a couple of hour at night.

• Thank you mike

• Hi @Pollyharley. Every flare up is different in my experience. Some last a few days, some a few weeks. Sometimes complete rest helps, sometimes mild exercise helps. Everyone is different. It's just trying to find what works for u at the time.

• Thank you thats helped me alot

• airwaveairwave Posts: 394

There has been some argument as to whether a flare up can happen with OA? The pain and stiffness coming and go8ng is a common symptom of OA. The changes can be caused by the changes in pressure of the weather systems passing through. Have a look at www.cloudywithachanceofpain.co.uk a number of arthers took part in the research over a year and a half.

We now have lengths of seaweed hanging on the ends of our beds😄. I jest!

it’s a grin, honest!

• JonaJona Posts: 71

Smells fishy to me airwave 😁😉