New member..

Options
ALICE1991
ALICE1991 Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:06 in Living with arthritis

Hi. I'm 29 and I've had rheumatoid arthritis for a bit over 10 years now. It all started in my wrist and unfortunately over the years has gone to other joints too. I've had a triple fusion in my foot and currently waiting for an ankle replacement. I finally decided it would be a good thing to get online and find more people who understand what it's like. I have a very supportive family but I know they don't know really what it is like for me. Every day is such a struggle. I don't sleep much at night and the pain is unbearable for me most days. I've been on so many different tablets and infusions and still can't seem to find anything that works for me. I think alot of the time people just assume you are okay even when you're not. I'm good at putting on a brave face most days and getting through through day. I have 2 young children so I always try my best not to show pain infront of them because they do worry alot. I'm just hoping I can get to talk to more people who have arthritis and understand what it really is like.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited 20. Feb 2021, 10:57
    Options

Hi @ALICE1991, welcome to the online community :)

I'm so glad you've decided to join us, because it is clear to see that you feel you have to be strong for your family & friends - this is a place where you can meet people with a shared understanding of arthritis, who you don't have to put on a brave face for. You can complain to your heart's content if you like! And your experiences hold value too in being able to share with other people and give advice, which can be therapeutic in itself.

I see that you are dealing with a lot of pain - here's a link that might provide some useful info:

You might be interested in 'Let's Move with Leon', it's a gentle exercise series designed for people with arthritis. Exercise (done right) may help to ease symptoms as it helps to get the joints moving and strengthens the muscles - for example anecdotally I know a lot of people find cycling does a lot of good for their knee pain. It also helps improve sleep and boosts your mood. You can sign up for Let's Move here:

Please do continue to browse the community, make posts, and join in with any discussion you like. I'm sure you will find many members who can empathise with your situation and who would love to get to know you.

Best wishes,

Sarah (mod) x

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,425
    Options

I know. You're too young to have Arthritis and you look just fine🙄 We know different don't we?

You are in the right place to talk to people who understand. Feel free to have a moan, ask advice anything really we all get it.

Have a look round and just join in letting of steam can really help ((()))