Hi, Welcome!

The community is a safe space for people living with and connected to arthritis to ask questions and share experiences. Get started by registering here and posting your first comment or question!

Sign In with a Versus Arthritis account

New meds

Hi my name is Sharon. I am going to start hydroxychloroquine I was woulndering what side effects people had and how long it took for them to start. I was on sulfasalazine and by week 3 to 4 I was ill. Any advice would be greatfully appreciated thank you. I am new to this as only diagnosed in Jan x

Comments

• ChrisKChrisK Posts: 172 mod
    edited 22. Feb 2021, 11:40

Hello @Shazza65

Welcome to our forum. There are several members on here that take the drugs you mention . If you were to post in the Living with Arthritis section you may get replies from fellow members who could answer your questions as they relate to them and their condition.

If you are really worried about taking this new to you drug, it may be an idea to ring up and speak to your GP or the practice nurse.

I look forward to reading your future posts and hearing how you are progressing on this new drug when you start it.

with best wishes

ChrisK

• Mike1Mike1 Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭✭

There is info on this drug on the Versus Arthritis website at: https://www.versusarthritis.org/about-arthritis/treatments/drugs/hydroxychloroquine/

• YvonneHYvonneH Posts: 540 admin

I've taken Hydroxy but am not on it now. I had no side effects to notice but it was one that needed time to get into your system, I was told I needed to take it for 12 weeks to see how it was working for me.

Good luck on your journey to find the right meds combination

Yvonne x