Pain

SandraG
SandraG Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:06 in Living with arthritis

I am new to this group and I would like to ask if anyone can help with any advise on my condition. I started 12 months ago with terrible pain in my feet, knees, shins and now my back and hips are sore too. I have seen the Rheumatology Dept in June last year and they did ultra sound on me and just diagnosed wear and tear. I have a telephone app with the on the 25th Feb. But I can’t see me getting anywhere with them. I will tell them everything but I feel that they are not interested and I have got to live with it but I can’t walk. Well I can but I’m in agony. I’m just getting so desperate

Comments

• anneb82
    anneb82 Member Posts: 317

Hello @SandraG

Welcome to the forum and thank you for joining us. We all look forward to getting to know you more and please feel free to join in on any of the current posts, or even make your own.

Im so sorry you are in such pain and suffering with walking. I understand that your pain started 12 months ago and you have since seen the Rheumatology department near you and diagnosed with wear and tear. Your next appointment is coming up on the 25th Feb but you don't feel like you will get anywhere with them.

Its very difficult when you feel like you are not getting anywhere with your doctors and when you feel like you don't have the support you need. It definitely doesn't help your pain levels when you feel on you own in a situation.

Below are a couple of links to areas on the main Versus Arthritis website that I think you may find helpful.

I hope that these two areas are of help to you and please update us on how you are feeling. I think the best advice anyone can give you is to be completely transparent with your doctor and to not give up until you feel like he understands where you are coming from and that he offers some form of relief for you.

I really do hope that you are able to get some help and comfort from this. Like I said please continue to keep in touch and take part in the forum. We are all a friendly bunch and love to chat with new people.

Take care

Anne (mod)