Hi, Welcome!

The community is a safe space for people living with and connected to arthritis to ask questions and share experiences. Get started by registering here and posting your first comment or question!

Sign In with a Versus Arthritis account

Knee locking

Hi how do you cope with knee locking and does it happen to everyone with oa Iam scared of it happemg to me I wear knee braces do they help and I have lost 5 stone and I do exercises given to me by the physio will help

Comments

• ChrisKChrisK Posts: 172 mod

Good morning @Jadelady73

On reading your post, you are querying how do others cope with Knee Locking. Below is a link to the Versus Arthritis web site which discusses this :

Versus Arthritis Osteoarthritis (OA) of the knee | Knee pain

I hope this is helpful to you and will explain the symptom and why it occurs to you.

Other members of the forum may have experienced this and may be able to tell you about how they cope with it.

with best wishes

ChrisK

• airwaveairwave Posts: 394

A knee brace may work against the exercises by not letting you use your knee naturally , I.e. weakened through little use? The same thing happens with other braces, was yours recommended by the doctor? Just a thought. If it’s a recommended one and NHS supplied one then they will have told you how to cope. Weight lose will certainly help as long as you haven’t lost muscle.

its a grin, honest!