Hello

Options
TER905
TER905 Member Posts: 3
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:06 in Living with arthritis

Just joined the website and have entered the weekly draw. Had my first doze of Methotrexate yesterday 15 mg., no reaction so far!! Taking Folic Acid now for 6 days. Is there a procedure for taking Methotrexate? morning/ afternoon. with or without food?

Cheers Terry

Comments

• Anna
    Anna Moderator Posts: 968
    Options

Hi @TER905 and welcome to the online community!

You'll find plenty of people on here who are taking methotrexate and who will be happy to share their tips and experiences of the drug with you. It does generally take between 3-12 weeks before the medication starts to take effect, so you need to be patient and keep taking the tablets! The folic acid will help protect you from some of the side effects.

Methotrexate is prescribed for a variety of immune related conditions including rheumatoid and psoriatic arthritis - what is your diagnosis?

While you're waiting for some members to respond, you might be interested to read the Versus Arthritis page on methotrexate:

Do let us know how you're getting on, and have a look round the forum to see if you want to join in any other discussions.

Anna (mod) : )

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• TER905
    TER905 Member Posts: 3
    Options

I have been told I have Rheumatoid Arthritis and it seems to be affecting my hands mostly at the moment, cant hold a golf club at the moment and golf is my game. Both middle fingers seem to be the worst.

• Blue88
    Blue88 Member Posts: 4
    Options

I have painful fingers with osteoarthritis and golf is my passion.

I am v slowly coming to terms with it.

How are u doing now?

cheers

jim