Low CRP

Options

Hi All! New to this site, but so glad I found it! Have had PsA for almost 60 years, with varying treatments. Unfortunately I am one of those people whose problem doesn't show up in blood tests - my CRP is always less than 2 which according to most rheumatologists means I have no inflammation, ergo, no pain! WRONG! It never budges even when I'm in a full flare-up. Only one rheumatologist I know of agrees that it is not always obvious from CRP blood tests, and treated me accordingly for over 15 years but had to refer me to the NHS because I could not afford to pay for biologics. Through the dermatology route, I ended up with Secukinmab, which worked wonderfully for two years before I started getting side -effects. Now I'm stuck with rheumatolgists who still sing the same old refrain:- "There's nothing wrong with you!". Am I the only one on this site with this problem? Has anybody any suggestions for help, please?

Lynne x

Comments

• Hi @LynneDeath,

Welcome to the online community! I'm glad you found it too, it really is helpful to be able to talk to people who can empathise with your situation.

I'm sorry to hear that you are feeling misunderstood by your new doctors. Of course you know your own pain, and it must be frustrating to feel it is being dismissed because of your blood test results. Remember you are allowed to ask your doctor for a second opinion if you think it will help. How unfortunate that secukinumab gave you problems after working well for 2 years. Hopefully you will be able to find another treatment that helps to relieve your symptoms soon.

Here's a link with some information about psoriatic arthritis, which you might find useful: Psoriatic arthritis | Psoriatic arthritis | Causes, symptoms, treatments (versusarthritis.org).

I'm sure you will find the online community to be a helpful and welcoming place. Please do continue to browse and join in with any discussions you like, and keep us updated on how you are doing.

Best wishes,

Sarah (mod) x