Hello to everyone

Options
Maryt
Maryt Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:06 in Living with arthritis

Hello my name is Mary and I was diagnosed with spinal osteoarthritis in 2019. I am 73 and fairly active. I go for an hours walk most days and I do 20 mins exercises specifically for arthritis every day. Recently the pain in my back and leg has been very bad after walking. I contacted the arthritis helpline and it was suggested I might shorten the walks so I can rest between activities. I am going to try this and see if the pain reduces. I don’t want to take painkillers on a regular basis if I can live without them.

Comments

• Chris_R
    Chris_R Moderator Posts: 794
    edited 5. Mar 2021, 15:24
    Options

Hi@Maryt

Welcome to the arthritis community forums,glad you have found us.

You have already contacted our helpline which have given you advice about your recent pain in your back and legs although you have been diagnosed with Osteoarthritis since 2019.

Hope fully the links i have found will help you as well as the sound advice given by helpline.

Managing your pain | Treatments and self-help (versusarthritis.org)

Please keep in touch and tell us how you are getting on and join in with discussions on our forums where everyone is helpful and understanding.

All the best Christine

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm