Fibromyalgia

Options
Lisastokes1985
Lisastokes1985 Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:06 in Living with arthritis

Hi all my Name is Lisa, I'm 35 live in Bristol in the UK. I have had fibromyalgia since I was 2 years old but wasn't diagnosed until I was in my early 30's. I have tried certain types of medication over the last few years but they have just made it worse. I now just take pain killers and try to help myself in other ways. I went to a pain clinic group at the hospital which helped me a lot as well.

I would love some more information from others on how you manage with your day to day life please?

Thanks

Comments

• Chris_R
    Chris_R Moderator Posts: 794
    edited 5. Mar 2021, 20:23
    Options

Hi @Lisastokes1985

Welcome to the online community family so glad you have reached us.

You have stated that you have has fibromyalgia since the age of 2years but wasnt diagnosed until yo were in yoour 30s.Wow you have been through a lot in your lifetime i admire your tenacity in trying to keep the pain at bay.

Here are a few links that may help you.

Fibromyalgia | Causes, symptoms, treatment | Versus Arthritis

Managing your pain | Treatments and self-help (versusarthritis.org)

I hope these links help in some way.Meanwhile our forums are very helpful to chat with others who are very friendly and understanding with good advice from their own experiences of their arthritis journey.

Please let us know how you get on.keep safe Christine

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm