I feel alone

Options
Zeta
Zeta Member Posts: 3
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:06 in Living with arthritis

Hi I'm 49, and have osteoarthritis in both hips, and now I have it in my shoulders hands and feet

Comments

• Hi @Zeta,

Welcome to the online community! I'm so glad you've decided to join us.

I'm sure a lot of people here can empathise with feeling alone - even aside from the virus-that-shall-not-be-named, chronic pain and disability can be isolating in itself. I hope that you will find a sense of community here that will help you to feel more connected and heard.

You say you have OA in your hips, shoulders, hands and feet, so here is a link with some information that might be useful to you:

Many people with arthritis find careful exercise can be beneficial to their condition - I like to recommend 'Let's Move With Leon', which is a weekly exercise programme delivered online, tailored specifically to people with arthritis. You can sign up here, if you're interested:

In the meantime, please feel free to continue to browse and take part in the online community. It's lovely to have you here as a new member :)

Best wishes,

Sarah (mod) x

• Mike1
    Mike1 Member Posts: 1,992
    Options

I keep the TV on all day for company!

• Lilymary
    Lilymary Member Posts: 1,740
    Options

Hi Zeta, there’s lots of us on here struggling with th effects of arthritis on our life style, as well as the awful pain. I have it badly in one hip, but can tell it’s building up elsewhere. My husband has just come back from an 8 mile run. I’m still on the sofa in my dressing gown because my legs hurt so much. We used to share the big outdoors together. Now we share the sofa in the evenings.

• Zeta
    Zeta Member Posts: 3
    Options

Thank you for the welcome ❤️

• Pammy
    Pammy Member Posts: 5
    Options

Hi Zeta,

I think feeling alone is a common thought for a lot of us especially in these times. I try to keep as busy as possible and join in online chats, not always about arthritis. Keep smiling

• Jona
    Jona Member Posts: 406
    Options

Hi Zeta,

Your not alone now you’ve joined this community, I wasn’t yesterday I bought a bread maker and I think I used too much ingredients from the packet and 2 hours into it cooking a blob had taken over my kitchen haha defo some alien in there whoops 😬

love Jona