Clinical study

Options

Covid vaccine being tested in patients with low immunity https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-56256505

Hi

I read about the above clinical study earlier this week which was interesting. I’d be happy to take part as a psoriatic arthritis patient using adalimumab but I have no idea how you actually do this? Has anyone here taken part in a study before and how did you volunteer?

many thanks

chris

Comments

• RichardGuy
    RichardGuy Member Posts: 12
    Options

I have aids (recovering to hiv level soon) my immune system is very low and I, in parallel, developed rheumatoid arthritis. I had tbe vaccine 2 weeks ago. No problem.

read on *bold* medication adventurers!

Could hiv meds help with low immunity by supressing all known and unknown retroviruses. T-cells are the common link between arthritis and hiv is it worth a try. Hiv drugs are now practically free from side effects and restore T-cell function by removing a destructive virus. Perhaps an unknown destructive virus causing some dsmage may be equally affected bg the same drugs. Its possible and little harm would come of trying it. Biktarvy is a low risk choice to try Nothing ventured....

• Jona
    Jona Member Posts: 406
    Options

Hi pilgrimchris

i think if you go onto gov.co.uk/clinical trials they may have some info there

Jona 😊