Weight

I need help with weight 🥺 I just can't seem to lose any I know I'm not as active as before but I have cut down on the amount I eat. But each week I seem to put it on . I have o.a in hips shoulders hands and feet I have some good days when I think why did I give up work, as I feel I can do anything. Then the next I'm in so much pain. It's hard to get motivated help before I turn into a couch potato 😃

Comments

• sunnyside2
    sunnyside2 Member Posts: 131

Its doable but hard to motivate, I have lost a lot in past (and put it on again) big issue is I find is when not doing real amount of exercise due to pain then the amount one can eat without gaining is far smaller then seems reasonable,

weight loss groups are good for motivation if you like group activity but I think first thing is a brutally honest food diary and see what you are really eating and drinking. ie all those 1/2 spoons of sugar add up, fruit juice is equal to eating a load of oranges- better to eat one orange and drink water,

I found eating a LOT of veg helps, you can eat a mountain of veg and are full up and lose weight. keep away from anything beige. ie bread, crisps, potatoes, pastry. green good- beige bad!

good luck

• Elmbow
    Elmbow Member Posts: 80

It's very hard but often one of the best things you can do to improve your overall wellbeing so it's worth the effort. Have you tried joining an online support group - there is a Weight Loss forum over on HealthUnlocked that is super friendly and motivational, full of support and tips without judgement. I recommend it. You can do this, you just need the right support. All the best.

• Mike1
    Mike1 Member Posts: 1,992