Foot pain

Options

Hi. Hope someone can I help. I am recently diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis. My question is about pain that I hope someone can tell me if it is my arthritis or not.

It is pain in the sole of my foot. It is not pain in the joints of my toes or ankle. Best way to describe is if I put my foot flat on the floor and then raise my foot onto the ball of my foot their is sharp pain on the arch of my foot. Also pain in my shin if I put my leg straight out and point my toes sharp pain in my shins.

is this my arthritis or something else???

thanks.

Comments

• chrisb
    chrisb Moderator Posts: 682
    Options

Hi @Bungle 

Welcome to the Versus Arthritis forum. 

I see that you have been diagnosed with RA and are experiencing pain in the sole of your foot and your shin. You’d like to know if this is arthritis related. 

I’ve searched our website for advice that might be of use to you and hope the following is a good place to start:

It’s possible that some targeted exercises may help ease the pain:

Hopefully, other forum members will be able to provide you with useful input.

I suggest that if your problems persist you contact your GP for their advice. 

Best Wishes

ChrisB (Moderator)

Need more help - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• Kitty
    Kitty Member Posts: 3,583
    Options

Hello Bungle, I have had RA for 40 years, but I didn't have the pains you mentioned until recently and I now also have OA. I wouldn't like to say these pains are definitely RA as we all react differently. If you could telephone your Rheumatology nurse they might be able to arrange a telephone consultation which will give you the opportunity to discuss it with them. Wishing you best wishes. ☺️ XXX

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A Heinlein