Osteoporosis

Options
Teec269
Teec269 Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:06 in Living with arthritis

How do I control it I'm in so much pain I take. Co codamol. For. Pain but doesnt work what else an I take

Comments

• Ellen
    Ellen Moderator Posts: 1,628
    Options

Good morning @Teec269

A warm welcome to the Versus Arthritis online community.

I see you have Osteoporosis and the pain relief you have is not enough. Pain is something everyone on here can relate to. Managing your pain | Treatments and self-help (versusarthritis.org) There are other options which you will obviously need to discuss with your GP.

Firstly I am attaching a link to information about Osteoporosis per se you may well know most of this but of you look right down towards the bottom there is another in purple which says 'Drugs for Osteoporosis' Osteoporosis | Causes, symptoms, treatment | Versus Arthritis

I'll leave you now to meet our members and hear their stories.

Best wishes

Ellen.

• Mike1
    Mike1 Member Posts: 1,992
    Options

Ask your GP for a referral to your local Pain Clinic.

• Kitty
    Kitty Member Posts: 3,583
    Options

I have Osteoporosis and have had 4 spinal fractures for 5 years now. They told me that when the fractures heal, the pain will go away. They lied. I have prescribed by my GP Fentanyl patches 12 mcg and 24 mcg I use both together and change them every 72 hours (3 days) and also have Oromorph for breakthrough pain. They don't really do much, but I daren't not use them as I can barely stand now! I don't know whether my hip Osteoarthritis makes it worse. My fractures are at L1, L2, L3 and T12. I have also used Alendronic Acid, Risedronate Acid and finally 1 years infusions of Zoledronic Acid. These Bisphosphonates don't help with pain, they are just to strengthen your bones. I hope you find a pain killer that works. I'm currently on a drug holiday.

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A Heinlein