anxious about starting Imraldi

Options

I get my delivery next week and got nurse coming out next Friday. I am really nervous about starting IMRALDI. I do not like needles but I just hope this helps as I’m in agony. I am also worried about side effects can anyone advise me thank you

Comments

• Elmbow
    Elmbow Member Posts: 80
    Options

Hello. I take Humira, the bio-original of Imraldi. It has been life-changing, in a good way, for me. You don't need to worry about needles - you won't see them and I never even feel them. I haven't had any bad side effects. Everyone will be different but just know lots of people have had good experience and the thing to concentrate on is whether it helps you. I hope Imraldi is as good for you as Humira has been for me - my Humira is being switched to a biosimilar and I'm a bit nervous about it but only as to whether it works as well.

• Anna
    Anna Moderator Posts: 974
    Options

Hi @mattbills29 and welcome to the online community,

It's understandable that you're nervous about starting on your Imraldi treatment next week, especially as you don't like needles. However, these relatively new biologic disease modifying drugs (also known as Anti-TNF therapy) are considered game-changers in treating inflammatory arthritis conditions. Many people have found that their conditions responded really well to the Anti-TNF therapy after years of living with pain.

You might like to look at the Versus Arthritis information page on Anti-TNF drugs. At the bottom of the page two VA members who are using the treatment talk about how it has dramatically changed their lives:

It can be daunting when we start on a new treatment, and I'm sure there are members in the community who are on Imraldi or other biosimilars who felt the same as you before they started their anti-TNF therapy. They will be able to tell you about how they're getting on and any side effects that they've experienced, (although not everyone experiences the same), so I'll let them introduce themselves.

Wishing you all the best - do let us know how you're getting on.

Anna (mod) : )

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• mattbills29
    Options

Thank you for commenting. I hope it helps like you have said. I have a really tight chest as well , they have said it’s part of the condition. Will this ease once I start on the biologics

• PeterJ
    PeterJ Administrator Posts: 884
    Options

Hi @mattbills29 hopefully others in the community can help with your question about the chest pain easing from their experiences, but if in doubt contact your GP for advice

Best wishes

Peter (mod)

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm